“Standardise #NOF care (until we have to improvise)”
NSW Minimum Standards
AAGBI Guideline Summary
- Protocol-driven, fast-track admission through ED.
- Multidisciplinary care.
- Surgery is best analgesic for hip fractures.
- Surgical repair within 48 hours of hospital admission.
- Operation undertaken by experienced surgeons and anesthetists.
- High-quality communication between clinicians and allied health professionals.
- Early mobilisation is key.
- Planning for discharge required.
- Measures taken to prevent secondary falls.
- Continuous audit to inform and improve management of these patients.